B-1/b-2 Temporary Business Visitor Or Visitor For Pleasure

B-1 classification is mostly designed for participants in the following business activities of a commercial or professional nature in the U.S:

  • Consulting with business associates
  • Traveling for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or a conference on specific dates
  • Negotiating a contract
  • Participating in short-term training

B-2 classification is mostly designed for tourists, visitors coming to meet friends/relatives or coming for medical purposes, participants in conventions or amateurs musical or sports events.

Qualified B-1/B-2 applicants will be allowed a maximum initial stay of up to 6 months. Subsequent extensions may be granted for up to an additional 6 months. Total period of stay in the U.S. in B-1/B-2 classification generally cannot exceed 1 year. Spouse and children must apply separately for a B-2 visa.

Please contact us for more specific information.