Family Reunion

Foreign nationals may apply for a U.S. green card through parents, children, spouse, or siblings. Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens may apply for green card without delay. Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens include parents, spouses, and unmarried children under 21. Other relatives must wait for an immigrant visa number to become available according to the following categories:

  • 1st Preference: over 21 unmarried children of U.S. citizens.
  • 2nd Preference: Spouses of lawful permanent residents, their unmarried children under 21,   and unmarried children of lawful permanent residents.
  • 3rd Preference: Married children of U.S. citizens.
  • 4th Preference: Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens over 21.

Wait times will vary according to the Visa Bulletin (

Please contact us for more specific information.