I - Representatives Of Foreign Media

I classification is designed for reporters, film crews, editors, and similar occupations who:

  • Represent a foreign information media outlet (press, radio, film);
  • Are coming to the U.S. to engage solely in this profession; and
  • Have a home office in a foreign country

Admission as I nonimmigrant is generally authorized for the duration of status, and no application for extension of stay is required to be filed as long as the media representative continues working for the same employer in the same information medium.

I’s spouse and children under 21 may also obtain I nonimmigrant visa. They are not eligible to work but can study.

Please contact us for more specific information.